Terms & Conditions
- The Island is a membered based venue
- Ambassadors (members) must be in attendance for the event or you will not be able to board
- All tickets, VIP tables, and packages are non-refundable regardless of circumstances.
- If a ticket holder is required to self-isolate or quarantine (and the event falls within the isolation/quarantine period) due to being a confirmed case of COVID-19 or having close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, your booking will be rescheduled between the time after your isolation period and before the end of the Season (May 2022). Medical Documentation is required.
- We will try our best to accommodate table requests, however due to unforeseen circumstances no table location is guaranteed.
- This is an over 18’s event. Entry will be refused to persons under the age of 18. Anyone under 18 will be refused entry with no refund.
- Entry to the event will be granted only upon presentation of a valid ticket.
- It is a condition of entry that all patrons present a valid and acceptable form of a photo identification.
- Acceptable forms of ID are limited to the Australian Drivers’ License, Passports or RTA endorsed proof of age card.
- Line-up is subject to change without notice and no refunds will be given.
- The Island is a licensed venue, entry will be refused to patrons who are intoxicated and / or disorderly and will not be refunded.
- Any patron may be required to undergo search, bag check search when they enter and / or during the event. A person who refuses to undergo such a search, and / or bag check may be prohibited from entering from the event without being entitled to a refund of the admission fee, or such a visitor may be immediately removed from the event.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any persons who breach the Conditions of Entry.
- Events will continue in the case of rain, hail or shine (unless deemed unsafe by the captain – this will be assessed on the day of the event and guests will be notified)
- Smoking is restricted to “smoking areas only”
- The Island Sydney maintains a ZERO TOLERANCE drug policy.
- Patrons choosing to bring valuables to the premises do so at their own risk
- No gang associated behaviour, jewellery, accessories or clothing that displays or infers by form of word, colours, logo, symbol or otherwise, no hens or buck’s paraphernalia. The Island encourages mixed group bookings to ensure social responsibility standards.
- No visible tattoos including on the neck
- The Island reserves the right to refuse entry to any patron.
- Guests are advised to wear appropriate footwear and clothing while onboard. The Island is a floating platform which may become wet and moves around on the water. Please use handrails while using stairs and ask staff for assistance if required. Please use care and follow staff instructions while boarding any vessel.
- Please follow safety directions from staff at all times. In case of emergency please don a lifejacket and follow directions from our highly trained staff.
- Bar staff will assist patrons with their decisions to drink responsibly.
- Bar staff must refuse service to anyone showing signs of intoxication.
- If a patron becomes intoxicated in the venue, The Island is prohibited from allowing them to stay onboard. They shall be returned the wharf which they boarded from and directed to transportation from staff.
- Aggression or violence will not be tolerated at any time. Any patron who becomes aggressive will be asked to leave and their membership terminated. Any patron who becomes violent towards other patrons or staff will be referred to the police.
- The Island want you to enjoy your time with us safely. Please drink responsibly and use caution when moving around the vessel. Reckless or dangerous behaviour will not be tolerated.
- The Island reserve the right to use any images or video taken onboard the venue for any purpose including but not restricted to; promotion, social media and third-party advertising. Please inform the photographer if you would not like your photo taken.
- We strive to be responsible members of the community and take our impact on residents seriously. Please be courteous when disembarking our transfer vessel and entering Double Bay.
- The Island is a fully licensed venue that permits no BYO food or alcohol.
- No drinkable liquids are permitted (no water bottles)
- No professional video equipment permitted (unless written permission from The Island)
- Any persons entering these premises agrees to comply with the following Conditions of Entry, which have been implemented in accordance with the current NSW Public Health (Covid-19) Order relating to this premises for the purpose of keeping patrons and staff safe. All Patrons attending this licensed premises shall;
- Check-in using the Service NSW app or provide full name and phone number/email upon entry
- Be refused entry if they display signs of illness
- Be requested to leave should they display signs of illness after entry
- Comply with any request to relocate due to patron number restrictions in any area
- Comply with reasonable directions from staff
- Adhere to social distancing as required including at entry and exit points or where markings are in place
- Our water taxi is considered public transport and therefore it is mandatory to wear a mask for the duration of your trip to and from the Island
- Agree to Conditions of entry as stated above
- Failure to comply with any or all of these conditions may constitute an offence under the Public Health Order and the licensee, their staff or agents reserve the right to remove from the premises any patron not adhering to these conditions under Section 77 of the Liquor Act 2007.
Door Policy & Dress Code
- Bookings of over 12 guests (per Ambassador) need to include equal male and female attendees to ensure a balanced ratio
- No visible tattoos including on the neck
- No loose singlets upon entry
- No paraphernalia e.g. Sashes or “fancy dress”
- Smart, casual dress is appropriate for this event and heels are acceptable.
- No flip-flops allowed.
- No obvious designer branding or labelling
- We have a strict no bucks policy; we allow hens parties however they can only have a max of 20 guests
We reserve the right to refuse entry for any anti-social behaviour, failure to comply with our door policy, code of conduct or potential responsible service of alcohol risks and will not be refunded.
Responsible Service of Alcohol Policy
We aim to provide all patrons with a safe, friendly and fun atmosphere.
We encourage those who choose to drink alcohol to do it responsibly.
Unfortunately, some people tend to over-indulge and can become unruly / disruptive in some scenarios. This type of behaviour is unacceptable as it may hinder the enjoyment and safety of others guests, resulting in serious consequences. As a licensed venue, we have a responsibility to help minimize this risk to individuals, our staff and to the community.
We support the Responsible Service of Alcohol policy by use of the following strategies:
- Develop food and beverage packages that encourage people to eat when drinking
- Serve drinks in standard or recognizable sizes
- Ensure that drinking water is freely available at all times and encouraged by staff
- Request proof of age
- Training of staff in responsible service requirements and how to refuse service
- patrons that maybe approaching intoxication
- Price low alcohol and soft drinks attractively to encourage their purchase
- Discourage rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol
- Deny entry or service to anyone who is intoxicated
- All necessary RSA signage will be visible to both patrons and bar staff